LifeTouch Patient Surveillance System
The LifeTouch Patient Surveillance System is the first of a new generation of devices for continuous physiological monitoring of patients in hospitals, clinics or in their own homes. Comprising the LifeTouch HRV011 intelligent body-worn wireless sensor and associated Patient Gateway, the LifeTouch System has been specifically and uniquely designed to provide the following key benefits:
- Simple and easy to use
- Affordable and scalable to all patients
- Network and ‘cloud’-ready
Presented as an unobtrusive wireless ‘smart patch’ that adheres to the body, the HRV011 sensor is a powerful tool that measures and analyses every heartbeat in real time to provide data for Heart Rate Variability (HRV) methods with unprecedented accuracy.
How the LifeTouch System works
Robust algorithms in the HRV011 extract key ECG parameters from which Heart Rate and Respiration Rate are continuously derived. These key vital signs, together with the HRV data, may be viewed directly via a local network on the Patient Gateway web server interface, or forwarded into a secure cloud-based electronic patient record that is updated continuously and in real-time.
In the LifeTouch HRV011 sensor the ECG is digitised at 1000 samples a second, a very much higher rate than standard ECG monitors. QRS feature detection is then carried out and R-R intervals are measured with an accuracy of one millisecond. This precision in the R-R interval measurement provides unprecedented opportunities for development of new HRV algorithms. The amplitude of the QRS complex is also measured and may be used as another variable for HRV analyses.
The LifeTouch Patient Surveillance System currently offers continuous Heart Rate and Respiration Rate. Other wireless sensors may be integrated to capture additional vital signs providing a complete “Vitals as a Service’ TM platform.
Easy to use and available today
The LifeTouch HRV011 is available now for clinical use. Isansys service models offer
- Complete working systems; Includes LifeTouches and Networked Patient Gateways
- Accurate, clinically relevant data
- Data store
- Immediate deployment with no capital outlay
- Scalable from 1 to 100,000 + patients
- Integration package for organisation wide working systems
- Research and Investigatory packages
The LifeTouch System is covered by patent applications relating to construction, use and functionality, and is available through the Isansys service offerings or under license from Isansys.
The LifeTouch Patient Surveillance System is CE marked as a Class IIa medical device.
Specifications - LifeTouch HRV011 Sensor
- Measures ECG of every heartbeat, to provide heart rate, heart rate variability and respiration rate
- Lightweight, very low-power, single use, flexible strip
- Body contacting parts – 2 standard ECG gel electrodes
- Ultra low-power wireless connectivity – ANT (2.4GHz)